Nowadays, more and more patients are requesting non-invasive treatments with minimal downtime that deliver outstanding results. When it comes to rejuvenating the face, non-surgical technologies are constantly evolving to offer benefits closer to those achieved by surgical techniques, but without the pain, risk or downtime.
Nothing better illustrates the developments in non-invasive facial rejuvenation than the Vivace Microneedling System. This unique FDA-approved device combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy: two clinically proven treatments that stimulate collagen production and skin cell regeneration. By merging the two into one procedure, results are amplified. Expect to see:
- A reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Tauter, firmer skin in the jowls and an improvement in sagging beneath the eyes and around the neck
- Improved skin texture and tone
- A reduction in pore size
- Improved appearance in scars, stretch marks and blemishes
- Gentle skin resurfacing.
How does it work?
The Vivace system offers a threefold approach to skin rejuvenation: microneedling, radiofrequency energy, and blue and red LED light.
- Microneedling: This creates controlled punctures in the skin to stimulate collagen production. The benefits of microneedling have been well-documented, with devotees reporting its ability to soften wrinkles and provide plumpness in an incredibly natural way. The Vivace device applies sterile, superfine, gold-tipped microneedles to the skin, creating invisible channels that penetrate deep into the dermis. These holes remain open for four to six hours, during which time the body creates new collagen as a healing mechanism.
- Radiofrequency: Vivace microneedles are insulated, except for the very endpoint. The electrodes within the microneedle deliver thermal energy generated by an oscillating electrical current deep into the dermis of the skin. Radiofrequency energy has a lower frequency than lasers, allowing it to safely penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. The heat induces the production of new collagen and elastin and encourages cell turnover.
- Blue and red light-emitting diodes (LEDs): Both red and blue light have been clinically documented to offer significant benefits for the skin. Red light also assists in renewed collagen production and improves skin tone and texture, while blue light reduces acne.
What happens during the procedure?
A topical anesthetic is applied to the targeted area. Once the cream has taken effect, the applicator is placed on the skin to begin the microneedling and deliver the RF energy. LED lights are activated during the treatment. The procedure lasts about 30 minutes on average.
Following completion, a soothing cream or serum may be applied as the skin is particularly receptive to absorbing nutrients at this time. You may look a little red after treatment–similar to the appearance of sunburned skin, but there’s no need to take any recovery time unless you wish to.
How many treatments do I need?
Results will be visible after your first treatment. Most patients benefit from 3 treatments spaced four to six weeks apart for optimal results.
Who is a good candidate?
Areas that can be treated include the face, neck, hands, and decolletage. Vivace is suitable for patients with:
- Darker skin tones: the skin can be safely rejuvenated with Vivace, without any danger of pigmentation changes that may be posed by laser or chemical treatments
- Mild to moderate signs of aging who want to maintain a youthful appearance
- Early signs of skin laxity or droopiness around the jawline, neck or under the eyes
- Blemishes, scarring or an uneven skin tone.